On my weekly live broadcast with Crayola I am kicking off holiday crafting with 3 Christmas crafts for the kiddos! From a holiday countdown gingerbread house to a craft roll Christmas tree and a paper plate reindeer there is a craft for kids of all ages. Parents you might even want to get in on the fun with the gingerbread house countdown. Don't forget to tune in to the Crayola Facebook Page every Tuesday at 1:00pm EST for holiday crafts now through December 15! I will be taking a little break through the holidays and January to have my baby girl but don't worry I will be back in February!
You can find all the supplies I used in the projects below Crayola.com
Project 1: Craft Roll Christmas Tree
- Craft Roll (if it is a paper towel roll you can cut it in half)
- Crayola Green Construction Paper
- Crayola Glue Stick and Liquid Glue
- Crayola Glitter Glue
- Pipe Cleaner
- Pom Poms
- Starting on the short side of the construction paper cut 1.5" strips. Cut each strip in half. Do not cut 4 strips in half.
- Use the glue stick to glue the ends of each strip together to form a loop.
- Glue the loops around the craft roll starting at the bottom and working your way to the top.
- Take the 4 strips you did not cut in have and slightly fold them in half. Glue them over the top of the tree to form the tree point. Glue each one over each other so you cover the enter top of the craft roll.
- Wrap the ends of the topper pieces around a pencil to curl them outward.
- Cut a pipe cleaner into small pieces and twist around each other to make a star.
- Glue the star to the top of the tree.
- Use the glitter glue to add dots on the tree.
- Glue pom poms around the tree to add to the decoration.
Project 2: Gingerbread House Holiday Countdown
- Crayola Construction Paper (Giant Construction Paper Pad)
- Crayola Markers
- Crayola Metallic Markers
- Crayola Glitter Pens
- Crayola Glitter Glue
- Crayola Glue Stick
- Crayola Red Crayon
- Cardboard (I used the back of the giant construction paper pad)
- Free Downloadable Templates
- Download the template and cut out each pieces.
- Trace the following on construction paper: 2 of the door pieces, 2 of the diamond windows, 6 of the peppermint circles (4 will just be circles on red, 2 will be circles on white with the swiggly lines that you will cut out and glue to the red circles), 2 gingerbread men, 4 of the present boxes, 2 of the present bows, 2 of the chimney pieces, 2 of the candy canes, 1 house, 1 roof. You can follow the colors I used or pick your own. For the roof and the house I used the giant construction paper.
- Take the presents, chimneys, front door, peppermints and diamond window pieces and partially glue them together to create pockets.
- Use the metallic gold marker and your favorite colors decorate gingerbread men.
- Glue the present pockets to each gingerbread hand.
- For the candy canes use a red Crayola marker to draw the lines and then color every other section with red crayon.
- Glue the candy canes to the side of the house.
- Glue the gingerbread so they hang off the sides of the house.
- Glue the chimney pocket on the back of the roof.
- Glue the roof to the house. You can also cut out white "snow" and add to the roof and chimney.
- Glue the windows, peppermints and door to the house.
- Add decorations to the house with the markers.
- Use the glitter glue to write the countdown numbers on the chimney, peppermints, window presents and door. This is a 7 day countdown.
- Once the gingerbread house is dry lay it on a piece of cardboard and trace it. Cut the outline out of the cardboard and glue to the back of the construction paper house.
Fill the pockets with trinkets or treats and have fun countdown to the holiday.
Project 3: Paper Plate Reindeer
- Paper Plate
- Crayola Brown Acrylic or Washable Paint & Brush
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Googley Eyes
- Brown Pipe Cleaners
- White Large Pom Pom
- Cut the paper plate into the shape of a pizza.
- Paint the paper plate with the brown paint and let it dry.
- Cut a red circle for the nose.
- Cut a santa hat our of white and red construction paper.
- Twist the brown pipe cleaners to create the antlers.
- Glue the googley eyes to the plate. Glue the nose. Glue the hat together and add the pom pom to the end.
- Glue the hat to the paper plate.
- Glue the antlers to the back of the plate so they stick out of the hat.
This is a fun craft for the kids to play with or add to the Christmas Tree!
I hope everyone has a fun holiday crafting season with their family! Tis the season to spend quality time together and what better way to do that than crafting!
Don't forget to tune in every Tuesday at 1:00pm EST to the Crayola Facebook page! Each week I have new crafts for the whole family!