Red, White and Blue! I want to craft with you!! This week on my live Crayola Facebook broadcast I am sharing 3 patriotic crafts the whole family will love! These are fun to make and hang up for decorations!!
All the Crayola craft supplies I am using today can be found on Crayola.com
Project 1: 3D Patriotic Paper Star
- Crayola Construction Paper (2 of Red, White and Blue for a total of 6 Sheets)
- Crayola Washable Liquid Glue
- Hole Punch
- Take a piece of construction paper and fold to a triangle.
- Cut off the excess which will leave you with a square. Keep the paper folded as a rectangle.
- Fold into a rectangle again.
- On the folded sides cut 3 slits about 1" apart. They will progressive get longer as you move out from the point.
- Unfold to reveal the cuts.
- Glue the center cuts together.
- Skip the next layer and glue the the third together.
- Flip over and glue the alternating cuts together to form a 3D star tip.
- Make 5 more for a total of 6.
- Glue the stars together in a circle. You will need to apple the glue at the points in the center and glue each side together.
- Use the hole punch to punch a hole in one star tip and thread through a piece of yarn to hang it!
Project 2: Paper Chain Flag Mural
- Crayola Construction Paper (red, white and blue)
- Crayola Washable Glue Stick
- Cut approximately 1.5" strips of construction paper. You will need to cut 16 Blue, 78 White and 82 Red.
- To create the flag pattern start with one blue strip and glue it into a loop. Take a white strip, loop it through and glue it together. This is the first chain link.
- Next loop a blue through the white and glue. Continue to do this until you have 4 blue loops and 4 white loops. Next, continue the chain by looping and glueing 9 red strips. This will complete your first chain. Create a separate chain that looks exactly like this one.
- You will create two more separate chains like this ones above but instead of finishing it with red you will finish it with 9 white.
- Next make 4 chains that have 16 red loops and 4 chains that have 16 white loops.
- String the chains on the dowel.
- Cut out and glue stars on the end of the dowel for a little pizzaz. Cut a piece of yarn and tie it to each end of the dowel.
- Hang up your flag for patriotic decoration!
Project 3: Handprint Flag
This project is a little messy but oh so fun. Best part is that all the Crayola products are washable! Lily and I had so much fun making this flag together.
- Crayola Washable Paint (blue and red)
- Crayola Washable Markers
- Crayola Glitter Glue
- White Craft Paper
- Paint Brushes
- Paper Plates
- Pour blue paint on a paper plate, pour red paint on a paper plate.
- Cut a large piece of craft paper into a rectangle. The size can vary.
- Everyone in the family can dip a finger in the glue paint and stamp them all over the top left corner to make stars.
- Draw a box around the stars with a blue marker.
- Next paint red paint on everyone's hands that wants to stamp. Stamp each handprint in stripe pattern across the flag. Re-paint the hands in between stamping.
- Decorate in between the stripes with makers and glitter glue!
Hang up for your July 4th celebrations!
Tune in ever Tuesday at 1:00pm EST for 3 new kids crafts on the Crayola Facebook Page!
Happy July 4th!