The struggle is real trying to keep the kids entertained with what we have in the house! We are feeling it with Lily so I am trying to get as creative as possible to keep her 2 year rambunctious self happy. I am continuing my partnership with Crayola to help inspire families with at home crafts during my bi-weekly live broadcasts on their Facebook page. This week I am sharing three crafts you can do with zip top bags.
Project 1: Flash Light Bag Ocean Craft
- Gallon Zip Top Bag
- Crayola Black Construction Paper
- Crayola Acrylic Paint
- Crayola Metallic Marker (or permanent marker)
- Crayola Coloring Sheets: https://www.crayola.com/free-coloring-pages/print/undersea-creatures-coloring-page/ // https://www.crayola.com/free-coloring-pages/print/whale-coloring-page/ // https://www.crayola.com/free-coloring-pages/print/shark-coloring-page/
- White Construction Paper
- Crayola Markers
- Print out the suggested color sheets. Cut out sea creatures and put them in the zip top bag. Arrangement to create a sea scene.
- Using acrylic paint trace and paint the designs.
- Once the paint is dry outline with the permanent marker
- Cut a piece of black construction paper to the size of the bag and place inside.
- On the white construction paper cut and color a flashlight with a light ray.
- Open the bag and insert the flashlight for the light show.
Project 2: No Mess Toddler Art
- Crayola Washable Paint
- Canvas Panel
- Gallon Size Zip Top Bag
- Painters Tape
- Cut the zip top bag around the edges so you have two pieces.
- Tape one piece to the table with the painters tape.
- Place the canvas panel in the center of the bag.
- Pour puddles of paint on the canvas.
- Place the other half of the bag over the canvas and tape to the table.
- Let your little one have some fun smooshing the paint and creating a work of art!
- Once they are done remove the top bag, discard and let the canvas dry.
Project 3: Stained "Glass" Zip Top Plastic Bag
- Zip Top Bag
- Hoop or Frame (with no back)
- Crayola Washable glue
- Crayola Black Arcylic Paint
- Crayola Washable Paint
- Crayola Coloring Pages: https://www.crayola.com/free-
coloring-pages/print/spring- flowers-coloring-page/ // https://www.crayola.com/free- coloring-pages/print/easter- lilies-ii-coloring-page/
- Mix black acrylic paint into the glue. Keep adding paint until you have a rich black color. You can keep the mixture in the glue bottle or pour in a cup to mix and then pour the black glue into another squirt bottle or pastry bag.
- Print out a free coloring page from the Crayola website.
- Place the color sheet in the zip top bag.
- Trace the design with the black glue. Let it dry completely.
- Once the bag is dry cut the bag in half to remove the other side.
- Paint inside the black outline design with Crayola washable paint.
- Once try put in a hoop or a frame and hang by a window!
Tune in to Crayola's Facebook Page every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:00pm EST to catch me sharing three crafts you can make at home!