Project Name: 3D Paper Snowflake
Project Difficulty: Intermediate
- Blue construction paper (or the color of your choice)
- Washable glue
- Glitter glue
- Place one sheet of construction paper vertically - hotdog style and fold your top left corner over to the right edge of your sheet of paper. Pull the corner down until the edges match up.
- Cut off the excess paper at the bottom.
- You should now have a big triangle that is folded in half.
- Fold your triangle in half two more times. You should now have a very small triangle with many layers inside.
- Cut a curved piece off from the right side of your triangle. The right side should now be curved instead of flat.
- Cut two curved lines from the biggest side of your triangle up to the tip but be sure not to cut all the way through.
- Unfold and flatten.
- Place some washable glue in the middle and fold down a piece from the top and bottom of your snowflake. Glue only those pieces to the middle.
- Place glue in the middle again (on top of the pieces you just folded in) and fold in two pieces from the other 2 sides of your snowflake. Hold down for a minute.
- Repeat the steps above to create a second snowflake.
- Place washable glue in the center of one snowflake and glue the other on top. You should now have 8 points on your star instead of just 4.
- Decorate the middle with your glitter glue and tie a piece of string around the top so you can hang it!
- Happy Winter Friends!