St. Patrick's Day is definitely know for tossing back a few Irish style. A few too many sweet green drinks a few years back on a St. Patrick's Day bachelorette party in Savannah has mellowed my Irish celebrations. If you are like me and want to sip an Irish cocktail and enjoy one of the absolute best boozy trifles (infused with Bailey's and Guinness), I have you covered this St. Patrick's Day!
Boozy Chocolate Caramel Trifle
- 1 Boxed Devils Food Cake Prepared as directed on the box except substitute water for 1 cup of Guinness Beer
- (2) 8 ounce bars of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup of Bailey's Irish Cream
- 2 cups cool whip
- 1 bottle of Carmel Syrup (approximately 22 ounces)
- Carmel candy for garnish
- Let cake cool completely after removing from the oven.
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and mix until creamy. Add the Bailey's Irish Cream and the powdered sugar and mix until well blended.
- Fold the whip cream by hand into the cream cheese mixture until well blended and set aside.
- Cut up the cooled cake into pieces and place in a bowl. Drizzle with about 1/2 cup Guinness and allow it to soak for a few minutes.
- Assemble your trifle by covering the bottom of your trifle bowl with cake pieces. Next add a layer of the cream filling. Next drizzle with caramel sauce. Repeat layers until the bowl is filled.
- Garnish the top with caramel drizzle, crumbles of cake and your candy
Lady Luck Cocktail
- Bailey's Irish Cream
- Muddle 4 raspberries in the bottom of glass until they are juicing
- Add Ice
- Fill glass with Bailey's Irish Cream
- Add a splash of Guinness
- Stir and Enjoy!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!