Beer, bacon and cheese all in the same sentence.... umm hello... yes please! I first created a spread that goes great on crackers and then realized that it could turn in to food heaven as a grilled cheese sandwich. Check out both SIMPLE recipes below!
Beer & Bacon Cheese Spread
- 1lb of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup of bacon bits
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 1 12 ounce beer
- Used a stand up electric mixer to beat together cheese, bacon bits, sour cream, garlic, onion, red pepper and hot sauce until thoroughly mixed.
- Keep the mixer running on a low speed and slowly add the beer.
- Mix until the spread is creamy.
- Place the spread in a covered container and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Once your dip has chilled for 2 hours you can serve it with crackers or make grilled cheese! If you want to make grilled cheese, butter the outside of a pieces of bread. Fill with a layer of the dip and make a sandwich with the buttered side facing outward. Grill sandwiches on the stove top!