Whether you're from the south or you've visited, a hearty southern breakfast always include biscuits and gravy. But I've got a delicious alternative for you to try that is just as tasty! Chipped Beef Gravy on Toast is kind of like a cousin to the traditional biscuits and gravy that I've grown up with. It's also known as Mennonite Dried Beef Gravy, takes about 15 minutes to make, and is hearty and filling!
- 1 Jar Dried Beef (2.25 oz)
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Cups Milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Chop dried beef into small squares.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, then add dried beef, and brown slightly.
- Add in flour and mix it up with butter and dried beef.
- Add in milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium heat until gravy thickens.
- Toast bread and cover with chipped beef gravy.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and enjoy!
So enjoy this twist on a southern classic! It's simple to make and feeds a lot when you've got a lot of hungry mouths at the table ;) For more great recipes and other DIY crafts, check out PeachfullyChic.com!