I'm always up for trying new ways to stay organized and keep things looking tidy around the house. I constantly feel like I set things up to look nice and then life gets in the way and my house has dog toys all over from my fur baby, disheveled pillows all over the living room, and cell phone chargers occupying every outlet my home!
So I decided to make a DIY Shoebox Hideaway with some easy items I already had around my craft room!
- Wrapping Paper
- Punch or cut out 5 small holes at the bottom of the front of the shoe box. You will want to match them to the size of your grommet. (Double check that your grommet size will accommodate the ends of any charger cords you will want to feed through it!)
- If your box doesn't come with a hole on the end of the box large enough for a power cord to feed through, cut one out as well.
- Wrap your shoe box with the wrapping paper.
- Cut the wrapping paper around the holes you previous made.
- Add the grommets to the outside of your box & finish them.
- Place your charging dock inside the box with the surge protector and feed through all your cords to the outside.
- Plug in and forget about it!
With a full house, hiding your chargers with this DIY Shoebox Hideaway will not only create a place that keeps all your numerous cords tidy, but also a go-to place for all your phones!
Stay tidy, Charge up, and Enjoy! For more great tips and DIY projects, check out PeachfullyChic.com and of course more Craft Box Girls!