Touchdown! It's tackle and tailgate time! Today on the Crayola Facebook Page I am sharing 3 football crafts that are sure to be a touchdown with your kids!
All the Crayola supplies I am using today can be found on Crayola.com
Project 1: Construction Paper Football Favors
- Crayola Brown Construction Paper
- Hole Punch
- On a brown piece of construction paper draw a football shape and cut it out.
- Trace the football you cut out on another sheet of brown paper and cut out the second football.
- Line up the two footballs and punch holes all the way around the border of the footballs.
- Keep the footballs lined up and tie a piece of yarn through one hole and secure.
- Wrap the yarn around, in and out of the holes until you get 3/4 of the way around the football.
- Add some candy or a favor and finish wrapping the yarn around and through the holes until you get to the end. Tie a knot at the end to secure.
These are fun for kids to make for a football party and then enjoy later!
Project 2: Paper Plate Megaphone
- Crayola Markers/Crayons/Colored Pencils
- Crayola Emoji Stamp Markers
- Crayola Washable Liquid Glue
- Crayola Construction Paper
- White Paper Plate
- Paper Clip or Clothes Pin
- Flip the paper plate upside down.
- Color and draw with your teams colors. Use the emoji markers to add fun stamps.
- Roll the plate into the shape of a megaphone and glue into place. Use a paper clip or clothes pin to hold it in place until it dries.
- Draw and cut a handle out of construction paper.
- Glue the handle to the bottom of the megaphone. Let the glue completely dry!
Get ready to cheer and shout for your favorite team!
Project 3: Shoe Box Football Game
- Show Box
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Wood or Sticker Letters
- Popsicle Sticks
- Crayola Liquid Washable Glue
- Crayola White Crayon
- Crayola Markers
- Have an adult help cut open the side of the shoe box and fold the flap down to add length to the field.
- Draw a field on a green piece of construction paper with a white crayon. Glue the piece of the paper into the bottom of the box.
- Cut a field goal out of yellow construction paper.
- Glue popsicle sticks to the back of the field goal so it can stand up.
- Glue the field goal to the back inside edge of the box.
- If you have wood letters, spell your teams name or a cheer and color the letters with the markers and glue the letters to the back of the box over the goal post. If you have stickers stick them to the back of the box.
- Take a piece of brown construction paper and measure 4" from the corner of the short side. Draw a line down the paper and cut along that line.
- Fold the piece of paper in half hot dog style.
- Starting at the corner, fold the corner up into a triangle. Continue folding triangles until you get to the end of the paper. Fold the extra edge into the fold of the paper to secure the triangle football.
- Use the white crayon to draw laces on the football.
Game Time! Use your fingers to flick the football into the shoe box field and try to get it through the goal!
Touchdown! Thanks for crafting with me! don't forget to tune in every Tuesday at 1:00pm EST on the Crayola Facebook Page!