Travel Party Favor Bags
by Lynn Lilly, Jan 25 2015
One of our Facebook page friends asked if we could help her create a do it yourself gift bag for a travel themed party. I got to work and created a simple and easy paper suitcase that could work for an adult or youth party.
- Brown paper bags
- Scrapbook paper (colors of your choice)
- Travel themed scrapbook stickers
- Glue Stick
- Hole punch
- Thin Sharpie
Ideas for travel themed gift bag swag
- Cut the top 4-5 inches of the brown paper bag off and set aside.
- Take the scrapbook paper that you selected for the handles, draw two handles, cut them out and set aside.
- Use the ruler to measure the height of the bottom portion of the bag then draw and cut 4 straps on the scrapbook paper of your choice and set aside.
- Draw and cut a tag shape on the top portion of the brown paper bag that you set aside in step 1. Punch a hold in the top of the tag for the string that will be used to attach it to your suitcase handles.
- Draw and cut the interior tag on the scrapbook paper of your choice. Glue to the outer brown tag. Write a message or name on the tag and set aside.
- Position and secure the straps and handles on each side with the glue stick. The picture above depicts two different ways to position the straps and handles.
- Attach the tag to the front handle with the string.
- Position the tag on the bag and secure with a travel themed sticker
- You can add more stickers and draw stitch marks with the sharpie on the straps or around the edges of the suitcase. I depict both ways in the picture above.
- Fill the bag with fun travel themed items and wow your guests with your creativity.
: Sunglasses, disposable camera, mini alcohol (if it is an adult party), mini photo album, compass, mini suntan lotion, earphones, tissues, chapstick, book, travel journal, gum, etc.
← Older Post
Newer Post →