- 1/3 cup Krusteaz Belgian waffle mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
by Chan Vu, Oct 07 2015
Many years ago, I discovered a way to make delicious breakfast crepes using Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix. I can enjoy the sweet taste of Belgian waffles without having to feel weighed down from the starch. It's light and can be filled with your favorite fruit and toppings.
Crepe Batter (Make 4 crepes)
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine waffle mix, water, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk well.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium-high then spray with cooking spray.
3. Fill a ladle with batter and pour it onto the frying pan. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so the batter coats the surface evenly.
4. After one minute, spray the surface of the crepe with cooking spray and turn the crepe over to cook the other side for another minute or until golden.
5. Lay the crepe on a plate. Top fruit in the center. Fold in the sides and top with chocolate or whipped cream.
My favorite breakfast crepes are strawberries and banana with dark chocolate syrup. Another idea is to use ripe peaches and top it with whipped cream. For a high protein crepe, fill it with scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, baby spinach and shredded cheddar cheese. For an on-the-go crepe, dust the center with powdered sugar and fold in half twice. Anyway you make it, your family will love it.