I believe the wreath on your front door symbolizes the creativity and spirit of your home and family. My husband and I are getting ready for our annual July 4th bash and I wanted to make sure our home exuded patriotic spirit. This year I decided to decorate our front door with a rag wreath. Rag wreaths are easy to make and I usually use fabric scraps but in this case I snagged patriotic fabric from Hancock Fabrics at 50% off.
July 4th Rag Wreath
by Lynn Lilly, Jun 07 2015
1. Purchase a wire wreath frame from Michaels. I went with an 18 inch frame because we have a large front door.
2. I selected 3 patriotic fabrics and 1 solid white cotton fabric. I purchased 1 yard of each fabric.
3. Cut the fabric into 1 inch x 6 inch pieces
4. Tie each piece to the wreath frame, alternating patterns. Tie fabric to each row of the frame until the wreath is full.
5. Fluff the wreath before you hang it on your door
Happy Fourth of July!