My mom has been making the same deliciously cute bunny cake since I was an itty bitty tot. She makes the cake from scratch which is amazing but very time consuming. Below I am sharing my bunny cake hack with box cakes.
- 1 box cake
- 2 round 9'' cake pans
- 2 cans of vanilla frosting
- 1 pack of jelly beans
- 1 pack of Reeses Pieces Pastel Eggs
- 1 pack of coconut
- 6 strands of licorice lace
- Pink food coloring
- Sharp knife
- Display platter
- Pre-heat oven as directed by box mix.
- Bake box cakes in two 9'' cake pans as directed on your box.
- Once the cakes are cooked remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Once cooled remove cakes from pans.
- Place one full circle on your platter.
- Take the second full circle and cut into three sections. You will be forming a bow-tie in the center. Each outer piece will be an ear.
- Place the ears flush against the head.
- Place the bow-tie flush against the bottom of the face
- Carefully frost the entire cake. Utilize large amounts frosting when frosting the sides of the ears and bow-ties. This will avoid getting flakes of cake in the icing. Smooth over the connections of the ears and bow-tie.
- Place coconut in a bowl and 2 drops of pink food coloring and mix until you get the desired color. Spread the pink coconut in the center of the ears.
- Decorate the bow-tie with Reeses Pieces.
- Decorate the face of the bunny with jelly beans and the licorice laces.