Mother's Day is almost here and hands down my favorite gifts are photo gifts. Bonus points if it is handmade. I have partnered with Rust-Oleum to use their new Imagine line to create a handmade Mother's Day gift. I am creating something special for my mom who is this best grandma to my girls!
- Shadow Box (remove the glass)
- Rust-Oleum Imagine Brush On Color Shift in Black and Turquoise Waters
- Rust-Oleum Imagine Decorative Pearl Paint Pen in Pink
- Pom Pom Trim
- Faux Rose
- Paper Glue
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Remove the back of the frame.
- Paint the Imagine Color Shift Black Base Coat on the back of the frame and let it completely dry.
- Once the base coat is dry. Paint the Imagine Color Shift Turquoise Waters over the base coat. If you are going to paint multiple coats make sure the first coat is completely dry before painting another coat.
- Once it dries you will see the magic of how the Color Shift catches the light and color changes.
- Select your photos. Glue them to the card stock and cut out the photos with a border around the photo.
- Cut a rectangle of white construction paper and glue it to a piece of pink card stock and cut out.
- Glue the photos onto the back of the frame.
- Glue the faux rose in the corner.
- Use the Imagine Pearl Paint Pen to write a message to mom on the piece of white card stock. Glue the message on the frame.
- Finish the frame with trim and ribbon.
I love how this gift turned out for my mom. I always make Mother's Day gifts that I would want to receive! (Hint Hint Hubby)
This product is not in stores yet but will be available in June at Menards. It gives you plenty of time to dream up some fun projects!
Happy Mother's Day!
This post is sponsored by Rust-Oleum but all thoughts and opinions are my own!