I am excited to be working with my Rust-Oleum to kick off the countdown for the most wonderful time of the year. The countdown is on and Christmas will be here before you know it! Have fun counting down to the magical day with a countdown calendar the whole family can use!
For this project I am using Rust-Oleum Chalked Ultra Matte Spray Paint to create an easy to make countdown calendar that will be fun for the whole family!
I love how the matte finish turned out and the glitter was the perfect pop of Christmas fun! The best part about using Rust-Oleum Chalked Ultra Matte Spray Paint is that I can use it for so many other projects because it is multi-surface.
- Rust-Oleum Imagine Chalk Finish Ultra Matte Spray Paint in Aged Gray, Linen White, Farmhouse Red, Charcoal
- Rust-Oleum Imagine Glitter Intense Shimmer Spray Paint Pearl White Glitter, Silver Glitter
- Wood Board
- Small Wood Pieces (raw wood section of the craft store)
- 2 Wood Spools
- Red Ribbon
- 3inch Christmas Ribbon
- Wood Letters
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- Christmas Picks
- Sticker Number
- Gloves & Mask (optional)
- Make sure to read instructions and safety information on the packaging before getting started.
- Take all wood board, spools, wood pieces and wood letters outside. Set each on craft paper.
- Spray each of the pieces with the desired colors of Rust-Oleum Chalked Ultra Matte Spray Paint. I sprayed the letters with Farmhouse Red and finished them with Pearl White Glitter. I sprayed the board with two coats of Linen White. I sprayed the small pieces of wood with Aged Gray and finished them with Silver Glitter. I sprayed the spools with Charcoal and finished them with Silver Glitter.
- Let all the paint dry completely. If you need to speed up the drying process you can use a blow dryer.
- Bring all the pieces back inside.
- Cut the Christmas ribbon to the desired length and glue to the back of the board as a hanger.
- Glue the letters that spell out "Christmas Countdown" across the top of the board.
- Glue ribbon to the back of each of the small wood pieces.
- Add sticker numbers to the small wood pieces. Depending on how many days you plan to countdown you will need to make duplicates.
- Glue the spools to the board, centering them below the letters and make sure they are far enough apart for the wooden pieces to hang and not overlap.
- Glue Ribbon around the border of the board. Glue Christmas Picks for the final pop of holiday fun.
- Loop the countdown numbers on the spools and you are ready to countdown to the most magical day of the year!
Pro-tip: Keep all the numbers on the spools and your kiddos can help by changing them out every day!
This post is sponsored by Rustoleum but all thoughts, opinions and projects are my own!
If you love this project feel free to pin it!