Father's Day is almost here and I wanted to do something special for my hubby. He is a wonderful father and he went above and beyond for Mother's Day with an amazing hand drawn silhouette of my daughter and I. Since we have both been working from home and pretty much spending all day everyday at home we have been trying to create our own spaces. My husband has created what he calls his man cave in our basement. I thought making him a man cave sign was the perfect gift. For this project I partnered with Rust-Oleum to try out their Imagine Spray Paints line. I had fun mixing textures and finishes on this project. I think you are going to love how it turned out!
- Rust-Oleum Imagine Spray Paint in Stone Texture Gray, Stone Texture Bleached, Lily White Gloss, Metallic Silver, Cherry Red Gloss, Chalkboard Black
- 3 24"x 36" Foam Core Boards (one black)
- Craft Knife
- Gloves, Mask, Apron, Tarp (optional)
- Using a ruler draw the letters to spell out "Man Cave" on the white foam board. Adjust the size based on the size of your frame.
- Cut a piece of foam board to fit inside the frame.
- Draw and cut different symbols that represent your hubby/dad's likes. I cut out a wrench, hammer, mustache, beer mug and football. I cut the tools out of the black foam board intentionally. I wanted the black to shine through under the Stone Texture Gray Spray Paint.
- Make sure to read all the instructions and safety precautions on the spray paint bottles. I recommend wearing a mask and gloves.
- Spray paint outdoors or in a well ventilated room.
- I spray painted outdoors and used an old box to spray paint my pieces.
- I painted the frame with Cherry Red Gloss, the frame insert with Chalkboard Black, the tools with Stone Texture Gray, the letters with Stone Texture Bleached, the football with Lily White Gloss, the mustache and beer mug with Metallic Silver.
- Let all the pieces dry for 2-3 hours.
- Bring the pieces inside and assemble. Secure the letters and symbols to the frame board with glue.
I am so excited to gift this to my hubby for Father's Day!! I think he is going to love it! What are you making for Father's Day? Tag @craftboxgirls and share your projects!
This post is sponsored by Testors/Rust-Oleum but all thoughts and opinions are my own!