Winter is not my best friend when it comes to keeping my skin moisturized and soft. Lotion bars are my new best friend! They are so easy to make, great for gift giving and the perfect solution to keeping skin silky smooth!
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup beeswax
- ½ cup Shea butter
- Lavender essential oil
- Fresh lavender
- Silicon molds
- Microwave safe bowl
- Combine coconut oil, beeswax and Shea butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between. Continue until completely dissolved.
- Add 6 drops of essential oil to the mixture and stir.
- Sprinkle fresh lavender in the molds.
- Pour the mixture into the molds. Fill to the top.
- Let the mold sit for 30 minutes. If you want to speed up the process put in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Store in a sealed glass container to preserve moisture.
To use: Rub bar on hands and then rub lotion into your skin.
Ideas for scenting: Rose Petals, cocoa, citrus essential oil, mint leaves.