Send your kids back to school with a thoughtful gift for their teacher! This week on my Crayola Facebook broadcast I am sharing 3 fun gifts you and your child can create for their teacher.
All the Crayola supplies I used in today's projects can be found at Crayola.com
Project 1: Crayon Classroom Wreath
- 12" Flat Floral/Wreath Hoop
- Crayola Crayons
- Crayola Washable Liquid Glue
- Crayola Window Crayons
- Evenly space and glue crayons around the wreath base.
- Use the window crayons to write your teachers name on the chalkboard.
- If you have trim or ribbon, decorate the chalkboard by gluing it around the edges and adding a bow.
- Glue the chalkboard in the center of the wreath.
- Glue a piece of ribbon or string to the back of the wreath to hang it.
Project 2: Ruler Crate Filled with School Supplies
- 18" Raw Wood Crate (I got mine from Michaels)
- Crayola Yellow Acrylic Paint
- Crayola Take Note Permanent Markers
- Paint Brush
- Crayola Markers
- Clear Tape
- Wood Letters (I got a set a Michaels)
- Crayola Washable Glue
- Paint the wood create with the yellow acrylic paint and let dry.
- Once dry use a ruler and a pencil to make inch and half inch marks across the bottom and the top of the crate.
- Go over the ruler marks with a black Take Note Marker.
- Line the inside of the crate with markers. I lined them up in a rainbow pattern. Use the clear tape to tape them to the inside.
- Pick out wood letters to spell out your teachers name.
- Color each of the wood letters with a different color marker.
- Glue the letters across the front of the crate.
- Fill the crate with extra school and craft supplies for your teachers.
Project 3: School Supply Cake
- Variety of Crayola Supplies: Markers, Crayons, Paint, Glue, etc
- Cake Stand
- Strong Plate/Charger
- Painters Tape, Rubberbands
- Ribbon (thicker than the painters tape)
- Wood Letters
- Crinkle Gift Wrap
- Crayola Washable Glue
- Place the cake stand on the charger. Use a few pieces of painters tape to hold it in place.
- Place boxes of markers around the cake stand. Use painters tape to hold them in place.
- Place boxes of crayons at the bottom around the markers. Wrap painters tape around the outside to hold in place.
- Wrap and glue a piece of ribbon around the crayon boxes to cover the tape. Stuff crinkle in between to make everything stay in place.
- Next place bottles of paint on a cake stand and add supplies around it. You can use a rubber to help add more items around the paint bottles. Use painters tape where needed to keep everything secure.
- Wrap and glue a ribbon around the layer you just created.
- Pick a supply to be the cake topper. I use the Crayola Brush Markers, You could use colored pencils, paint brushes etc.
- Rubberband them together and stick them in the middle of the paint bottles.
- Wrap ribbon around and tie a bow!
- For the final touch, glue on wood letters that spell out your teachers name!
Don't forget to share your projects with us using #crayolacrafts - Happy Back to School!