Matching family Christmas pajamas are one of my favorite holiday traditions. This year I am making more gifts and holiday decorations than ever. It is a sign of the times that handmade is trending as it brings joy and a sense of accomplishment. After our family tie dye hippie Halloween costume was such a hit I thought why not continue the fun with tie dye family Christmas pajamas! I grabbed a rainbow One-Step Tulip Tie Dye Kit from Walmart and started making! Check out how easy it was to create these festive PJs! I think we also found our Christmas card photo!
- One-Step Tulip Tie Dye Kit in Rainbow
- White Pajamas (I found all of them including the maternity ones on Amazon)
- Bowl of Water
- Craft Paper or Plastic to Cover Surface
Gloves and rubber bands are included in your kit.
Pull out the included instruction and inspiration guide and read prior to getting started. This guide gives you directions for rubber-banding different designs and step by step instructions.
- Pre-wash all your garments. You can leave them damp if you plan to dye them right away.
- If your garments dry you are going to need to soak them so the entire garment is damp. This is key to get the dye to soak in the fabric.
- Make sure to cover your surface.
- Lay out your garment. I did pajama shirts and pants for each of us and picked one design for the shirts and one design for the pants so we would all match.
- Rubber band the shirt or pants.
- Next, pick your colors from the rainbow kit. I selected red and green for Christmas. Fill each bottle with water to the fill line. Replace the cap and shake until it is completely mixed.
- Carefully add dye to each section on your garment. Try to not let the colors mix.
- When you are done, wrap the garment in plastic and let the dye sit for 6-8 hours.
- Unwrap the garment and rinse with cool water until the water runs clear.
- Cut the rubber bands and open up to reveal your design.
- Fill your washing machine with hot water on the largest load setting and only use a little detergent. Wash and dry separately. Wash separately for the next couple of washes.
- Repeat this for all the pajamas!
How fun are these matching tie dye Christmas pajamas!!! My daughter loves hers and wants to wear them every night!
Wishing you peace, love, and cool vibes this Christmas! Merry Everything! PS- Remember you can get your One Step Tulip Tie-Dye Kit from Walmart.
This post is sponsored by Tulip and Duncan Enterprises but all thoughts and opinions are my own
If you love the project please pin it!