I am on a roll making fun and easy tumblers with Marabu Graphix Permanent Markers. For my latest 30 minute Made with Marabu Art Project I created a unicorn tumbler that your kids are sure to love! Not counting the dry time you can make this tumbler in 30 minutes!
These markers are amazing for drawing, sketching and even creating craft projects. In true Craft Box Girls fashion I wanted to use them in an out of the box way to show their versatility. I like experimenting with new surfaces so for this tumbler I got a acrylic tumbler with a silicon finish and the markers worked great! No smudging because they dried so quick and the colors are really vibrant. I love that the alcohol based, Graphix Permanent Markers have dual tips, are so bright and vibrant on a variety of surfaces and the fact that they dry quick which means no smudges!
Watch the full tutorial video HERE!
- Marabu Graphix Permanent Markers
- Acrylic Silicon Tumbler
- Small Piece of Permanent Metallic Silver Adhesive Vinyl
- Glossy Decoupage & Brush
- Plastic Cups and Craft Sticks
- Tumbler Spinner
- Electrical Tape
- Cut a triangle out of the vinyl. Remove the backing and adhere to the tumbler.
- Use the Graphix Permanent Markers to draw a flower crown, ears and eye lashes directly on the cup.
- Remove the cup lid and tape the rim and inside of the cup with the electrical tape.
- Paint a coat of decoupage over the entire cup.
- While the decoupage is still wet sprinkle the bottom of the cup with glitter. Let the decoupage dry.
- Place the cup on the tumbler spinner.
- Mix epoxy according to the packaging.
- Start the spinner and pour the epoxy on the cup. It will self level. Save a little in the cup incase you miss a spot.
- If you see a lot of bubbles use a straw to blow slightly over the wet epoxy to eliminate the bubbles.
- Let the tumbler spin for 8-12 hours until it is completely dry.
Once the tumbler is dry remove from the spinner. You will want to wash it before using. I always recommend hand washing tumblers.
If you loved this tumbler be sure to check out the DIY Floral Doodle Tumbler I created a few weeks ago with the Graphix Permanent Markers.
You can use the Marabu Graphix Permanent Markers on a variety of non-porous surfaces including glass, metal, plastic, and glossy paper. They also come in packs of 4, 12 or 24 markers. Visit Marabu Creative USA to find out where to purchase and see the different colors in each pack.
Stay tuned! I will be sharing a new 30 Minute Made with Marabu Art Project in the coming weeks.
This post is a sponsored collaboration between Craft Box Girls and Marabu Creative USA but all opinions, ideas and project ideas are my own!
If you like this project feel free to pin it!