Fall wedding season is here and even though I just celebrated my 5 year wedding anniversary I still love dreamy weddings and creating a special experience through handmade statement pieces. More and more couples are forgoing the traditional wedding cake and creating a dessert table with a variety of sweets and treats! My husband and I went this route and our guests loved it. It also left us with a little extra budget to spend on creating customized items like this monogram frame I accented with paper flowers! The best part of this personalized piece is that you can make it easily with your favorite Krylon®Brand colors and finishes! Check out the quick how-to below!
This post is sponsored by Krylon® Brand and is part of an on-going paid campaign between Craft Box Girls and Krylon. All ideas, opinions, and photographs are my own!
- 1 Can of Krylon ColorMaster® Paint + Primer Ballet Slipper in Satin Finish
- 1 Can of Krylon ColorMaster® Paint + Primer Burgundy in Satin Finish
- 1 Can of Krylon ColorMaster® Paint + Primer Metallic Rose Gold
- 24 x 36 Frame
- 24 x 36 Plywood or Smooth Foam Core for the Inside of the Frame
- Wood Letters
- Paper Flowers
Dessert Table Supplies: Get an assortment of desserts and sweets to display on cake stands and plates that coordinate with your colors. Add a pop of sparkle to the table with sequin table cover. Please note that food and drink should never come in contact with spray painted substrates.
Project Time: 2-3 Hours
- In a well-ventilated space or outdoors cover a flat surface with a drop cloth or tarp.
- Before starting, read and follow safety and application instructions on the spray paint can.
- Lay the frame flat on the tarp. Make sure to wipe away any dirt and dust.
- Take the Krylon ColorMaster® Paint + Primer Metallic Rose Gold, hold it 8 inches away spray in sweeping motions. Make sure to let the paint completely dry between coats. I found that I just needed one full coat and I lightly applied a second coat to touch up the areas I missed.
- Next, lay out the letters and spray with the Metallic Rose Gold. I did 2 coats on both the large and small letters.
- Set the frame and letters aside to dry and spray the inner part of the frame with Krylon ColorMaster® Paint + Primer Ballet Slipper in Satin Finish. It took about 3 coats to get vibrant even finish.
- To add a deeper pop of color I decided to add accent paper flowers. If you do not know how to make paper flowers you can watch this tutorial we made last year for larger flowers. I recommend using watercolor or canvas paper when you are using spray paint. To get the pop of brilliant color we sprayed the petals with Krylon ColorMaster® Paint + Primer Burgundy in Satin Finish.
- Once all the pieces of the project are dry, assemble the frame and use industrial glue to attach the letters to the inside of the frame.
- Set the frame on the dessert table and accent with the paper flowers. If you hang the frame, attach the flowers to the corners with industrial glue.
Krylon has a huge selection of colors and finishes to match your wedding colors and theme!