Graduation might look a little different again this year but that doesn't mean you can't make your grad feel special for an at home celebration. From kindergarten graduation to college these fun grad jar favors are sure to make the celebration a little more fun! I teamed up with Aleene's to show you how easy it is to create with Turbo Tacky Glue! It dries so fast and has a great strong hold on multiple surfaces.
- Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue
- Black Cardstock or Construction Paper
- Yellow Yarn
- Mason Jar
- White Paper
- Pen or Marker
- Remove the lid from the jar. Cut a piece of black paper to fit around the rim of the lid. Use the Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue to adhere the paper around the lid.
- Next cut a 3.5"x 3.5" square from the black paper. Glue to the top of the jar lid. You might need to adjust based on the size of your jar.
- Cut a piece of black paper to create a wrap around your jar. Adjust the width based on the size of the jar.
- Glue the wrap around the jar.
- Create a graduation tassel with the yellow yarn by wrapping it around your hand about 8-10x. Use a piece of string to loop through the top of the loops and tie a not.
- Cut the bottom loops. Tie an extra piece of yarn about 1/2" from the top. Wrap it around 3-4x and tie in a knot.
- Glue the ends of the tassel to the top of the graduation hat (jar lid). Place another dot of glue on top of the jar ends and adhere a button.
- Cut a piece of white paper about 2"x4" and write a message to the grad.
- Roll it up to get the paper to curl.
- Glue the yarn to the back of the roll. Wrap the yarn around and tie in a knot.
- Place a dot of glue on the back of the yarn and glue to the front of the jar. Hold in place until dry. It gets tacky super quick!
- Fill the jar with a treat or money for your grad!
Not only does the grad get something fun in the jar but the scroll message will definitely be a fun surprise!
This post is sponsored by Aleene's but all thoughts and opinions are my own!