I have a thing for key-chains, I always have and probably always will. I also have a slight pink problem so this project combines all my favourite things! This fluffy Flamingo Key-chain makes an excellent addition to your keys, bag or even as a quick gift! The best part of this project is that it's no sew, so anyone can make this fluffy friend!
Here are the supplies you will need:
- 4 in by 8 in piece of faux fur
- 4 in square piece of vinyl
- 10 inch string or yarn
- Glue and glue gun
- Small amount of poly stuffing
- Sharpie Markers for face
- Flamingo Head & Feet Shapes
- Pre-made key-chain
- Print out your shapes and cut them out of the vinyl. You should have 2 head pieces and 4 feet. Make sure to flip the pieces when you cut them out so they look like below.
- Cut 8 in off your piece of string, sandwich one end in between 2 feet and glue into place. Be generous with your glue! Repeat for other foot.
- Cut 2 inches of string and fold it in half. Glue the ends so they stay where we want them to! Place that at the top of the head and glue in place. Now place the other head piece on top and glue into place, again with generous amounts of glue to lock all the edges in place.
- Cut your piece of faux fur into 2 circles that are 3 inches across.
- Place the fur sides together and glue each side down leaving a small 1.5 inch opening at the top and bottom.
- Take your legs and fold the string in half. Slide that into the circles you have glued so that 1 inch is hanging out. Glue that edge shut.
- Turn your fluffy circles so they are right side out and lightly stuff so the flamingo body full but not stiff.
- Slide the head/neck piece into the remaining opening and glue it in place. Make sure you tuck the raw edges in and glue both sides of the neck in place!
- Draw on your eyes and beak with a Sharpie or similar permanent maker.
- With your pliers, separate the ring and slide it onto your key-chain.
- You're done!
This little guy is so soft and fluffy and if you play around with colours, you can have all kinds of little flamingo friends on all your bags and backpacks!
Ready to start making your own fluffy flamingos? Let me know in the comments below and as always, feel free to let us know what you think!