Every girl could use a little more bling in their life which is why I am loving the new Sondra Celli Bling Kits. Known as a world-renowned crystal couture designer, Sondra Celli stars in hit shows like TLC's My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, Gypsy Sisters, and designs for big names like The New England Patriots Cheerleaders. To say I was fangirling was an understatement when I got to talk to Sondra on the phone! I was so excited to hear that she partnered with Beacon Adhesives to create the Sondra Celli Bling Kit! And we are excited to show you how you can create fabulous bling projects just like Sondra but at home!
Through experimenting with the Sondra Celli Bling Kit our team was able to learn more about the techniques and time it takes to become an expert blinger from Sondra and her team of "Bling-ettes". The bling kit is perfect for beginners to try their hand at small projects like embellishing a hat or sneakers once you learn the techniques.
the Sondra Celli Original Bling Kit Comes With:
- Beacon Adhesives Power-Tac (1 oz. tube)
- Bling Tool
- Bling Syringe Glue Applicator
- 240 Swarovski® crystals (clear stones, size 16SS)
- T-Pin (for cleaning syringe)
- Simple Instruction Card
The kit comes in a reusable container to keep extra materials! Sondra Celli Bling Kits start at $15.99 (for the Grab and Go Bling Kit) and go up to $24.99 (Sondra Celli Original Bling Kit)! Purchase your Sondra Celli Bling Kits by clicking here!
For these projects, I selected a pastel purple baseball cap and pink sneakers. You can pick any color or style that works for you! In the video, you will see how to create the "pack and fade" method, otherwise known as the "waterfall" motif. Stones are tightly packed together as with the interlocking technique but then you begin to gradually space them farther and farther apart so they appear to gradually fade away. Below the video, I included step by step instructions for the sneakers.
Step by Step Instructions & Tips for the Bling Embellished Sneakers:
- Fill the syringe with the Power-Tac. Make sure to hold the syringe at 45-degree angle to help eliminate bubbles.
- Create a few tiny glue "dots" along the canvas edge of the sneaker above rubber trim. Leave a bit of space between each stone about half the size of the stone you are using.
- Using the bling tool, pick up crystals one by one and gently press down each stone onto a glue dot.
- Continue gluing stones around the edge stopping at the rubber toe. Leave the entire toe tip free of stones.
- Once you have finished the first line, begin a second row on top of the first, with the same spacing. However, when you place the second-row stones try to center them in between two of the stones already in the first row. Continue gluing stones around the sneakers, in the same manner, stopping at the rubber toe. We are only adding bling to the canvas part of the sneaker.
- For the next rows continue to "fade" spacing the stones with more and more space between them. This gives the illusion that they are fading away.
- Add stones only up to the lace holes of the sneaker.
- Allow the sneakers to dry overnight!
Have fun strutting about in your newly embellished sneakers!
You will use the same method for the hat starting at the seam between the rim and the cap and fading your way out.
I can't get enough of this fun hat!!!
Follow Sondra Celli: website | facebook | twitter
Want to learn more DIY techniques from Sondra Celli? Can’t get enough of her crystal creations or her Gypsy-inspired dresses featured on My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding? Then pick up BLING! The Uncommon Crystal Couture World of Sondra Celli and get a special discount on the Sondra Celli Original Bling Kit with each book purchase! Order the book HERE!
Order Sondra Celli Original Bling Kit HERE!
This post was sponsored by Sondra Celli and Beacon Adhesives but all thoughts, opinions and content are my own.