My unicorn obsession has shifted to llamas! I was inspired to make this leather llama keychain from a ceramic llama dish I saw on pinterest. I have been getting some compliments on this guy as he travels around town with me! Best part is that it only took 15 minutes to make!
- Faux Leather (two shades of brown)
- Black Paint Pen
- Leather Glue or Hot Glue
- Resin Flowers
- Leather Keychain Tassel (mine came on a key ring, but if you don't use a tassel you need a key ring)
- Pencil & Paper
- Draw and cut a cloud-like shape with the paper and pencil.
- Use the pencil to trace the cloud shape on the back of the faux leather. This will be the face. Reverse the side of the cloud and trace it directly above the first cloud. Connect both with two thin lines (about 1/2 inch).
- Cut out the shapes making sure you keep them as one piece.
- Draw and cut an oval for the mouth and ears on the lighter piece of faux leather.
- Lay the larger piece face up. Create the face on the lower cloud. Glue the ears behind the cloud with the right side up. Add the mouth. Use the paint marker to draw a nuzzle and eyes.
- Glue the resin flowers between the ears.
- Pull the key ring through the top piece of the cloud (back of the llama's head and let it rest on the connection piece.
- Fold the llama glue together.
Sending Llama Love!!!