St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner and I am so excited to deck out my house. Chan and I love making front door decor and are so in love with this Lucky in Love door sign! It's St. Patrick's Day and I am lucky to have a wonderful husband, friends, and family that I love and I want to share it with the world. What better way to do that than teaming up with our friends at Krylon® to use spray paint to design a giant embroidery hoop front door sign! This is one of the many creative projects we will be doing with Krylon this year!
- 1 can Krylon® ColorMaster™ Paint + Primer Spray Paint in Gloss Ivy Leaf
- 18-23 inch Embroidery Hoop
- 3ft x 3ft Burlap Fabric
- 3 (3 Yard Spools) of Wired Ribbon
- Need & Thread
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Wooden Letters or Words
Project Time: 1 Hour
- Before starting, read and follow safety and application instructions on the spray paint can.
- In a well-ventilated room or outdoors cover a flat surface. Spray paint the letters letting them dry for 15-20 minutes between coats. We sprayed two coats to achieve the color pictured. Note: The "Lucky" is a textured wood. On non-textured, surfaces you can expect a smooth finish.
- Lay the burlap fabric on a flat surface.
- Loosen the hoop and remove the inner hoop.
- Place outer hoop under the burlap and the inner hoop on top. Push the inner hoop into the outer hoop with the burlap in between.
- Pull burlap as tight as possible and tighten the hoop.
- Trim excess fabric around the hoop leaving a few inches. Save the scraps.
- Take the needle and thread and sew the ribbon ruffling it around the edges of the burlap.
- After allowing the spray painted letters to fully dry per label instructions, use the hot glue gun to glue the wooden letters onto the burlap. If your door is in the direct sunlight use another permanent/ultra-strong glue in place of hot glue.
- Take the remaining 2 spools of ribbon and make a bow. Tie the center of the bow with scraps of ribbon.
- Take the excess burlap and cut a strip that is 3-4 inches wide and about 3 feet long.
- Loop the burlap under the screw at the top of the hoop to create a hanger.
- Attach the bow to the hoop by tying it to the screw.
TADA!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
You can find the Krylon® ColorMaster™ Paint + Primer Spray Paint in Ivy Leaf Gloss and more great Krylon® products at your local Hobby Lobby.
Connect with Krylon®: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | #KrylonCreated
This post is sponsored by Krylon and is part of an on-going paid campaign with Craft Box Girls and Krylon. All ideas, opinions, and photographs are my own!
xoxo- LL & Chan