Try a new treat for the holidays! Nutella Caramel Apples are a tasty twist on the classic caramel apple. Start with juicy Granny Smith apples which get dipped in a delicious caramel and Nutella mixture. Then those apples are topped off with Christmas candies. There's nothing more pleasing than eating a decadent dessert after Christmas dinner. So treat yourself and enjoy!
Ingredients and Supplies:
Makes up to 9 apples
- 6-9 small Granny Smith apples
- 1 pkg. (11 oz.) KRAFT Caramel Bits
- 1 cup of Nutella
- 2 1/2 tbsp. of milk
- Wood skewers
- Christmas candies
- Cooking spray
- Wax paper
- Cookie sheet
1. Wash the apples by dipping them in hot water for a few seconds. Rub off the wax with your hands or a clean towel.
2. Remove the stems, then dry the apples.
3. Insert a wood skewer through the top of each apple. Set them aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
4. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and spray it with cooking spray to prevent the coated apples from sticking to the paper.
5. Pour the caramel bits and milk into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for about 1 minute, remove and then mix in the Nutella. Place the mixture back in the microwave and heat for another minute.
6. Quickly dip and roll the apples into the mixture, making sure that each one is well coated. Hold each apple over a bowl and let the excess mixture drip off, and then quickly sprinkle Christmas candies on top of the coated apples or dip the apples in the toppings of your choice.
7. Place apples back on the wax paper lined baking sheet, and let set in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until the Nutella and caramel mixture has firmed.
And that's it! Get ready to be the most popular person for Christmas because of this sweet and gooey recipe.