I love award shows and celebrating with my friends. Since I was little I dreamed of the glitz and glam of Hollywood. I might not be a movie star but I can definitely celebrate like a star from the comfort of my home with my favorite friends and family! I am excited to partner with Bernzomatic, the leader in torches, to create the ultimate Oscars watch party! I love challenging myself to get creative in new ways, and I was up for a challenge to design an Oscar Party with the help of the Bernzomatic TS4000 High Heat Torch. I decided to get creative and came up with 6 recipes and crafts named after the celebrities and movies that are nominated for awards. Scroll down to check out my recipes for a Darkest Stormy Hour Cocktail, Lady's Bird Nests, Dunk-Kirk Pizza Dip, do-it-yourself metal star centerpiece, "Hollywood" marquee sign and a Vote for Best Picture Board.
Tips for beginner blowtorch users (please read before starting):
- Follow safety instructions as provided, tie back long hair and use common sense when operating a torch
- For more intense torch use (i.e. soldering) wear safety gear such as gloves and glasses
- Do not use on a flammable surface
- Use in a well-ventilated room or outdoors
Darkest Stormy Hour Cocktail
- Dark rum
- Ginger beer
- Fresh lime juice
- Thin slices of ginger
- Lime to garnish
- Fill a glass with ice and combine equal parts rum and ginger beer and add a splash of fresh lime juice.
- Use the Bernzomatic TS4000 torch to flame a piece of ginger and drop it in the cocktail while lit.
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge.
Dunk-Kirk Pizza Dip
- Pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Cooked sausage crumbles
- Cream cheese
- Italian blend of cheeses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a pie dish with pizza dough.
- Bake pizza dough for 15-18 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Once cool, spread softened cream cheese on the pizza dough.
- Add a layer of pizza sauce and sausage, then add thin layers of sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
- Place back in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and top with cheese and finish by melting the cheese with the Bernzomatic TS4000.
Lady's Bird Nests
- Mini pretzel rods
- Milk chocolate morsels
- Large marshmallows
- Cupcake liners
- Glitter cupcake wrappers
- Graham crackers
- Place cupcake liners in a cupcake tin.
- Break up the mini pretzel rods and fill the cupcake liners.
- Melt the chocolate morsels in the microwave until creamy and smooth. Spoon chocolate over the pretzels.
- Let the chocolate harden or place in the fridge to accelerate hardening.
- Once the chocolate is hard, remove from cupcake liners and place them back in the cupcake tin.
- Cut a large marshmallow into fourths. Top each nest with three marshmallow pieces.
- Use the Bernzomatic TS4000to melt and crisp the marshmallows - you’ll want to torch only for a few seconds so you don't melt the chocolate.
- Remove the nests from the cupcake tin and place in glitter cupcake wrappers.
- Top with a dusting of graham cracker crumbles.
"Hollywood" Marquee Sign
- Wood letters to spell "Hollywood"
- White stain and brush
- Twinkle lights
- Cloth or paper towels
- Red, gold, black balloons
- Safety goggles
- Welding gloves
- Lay the wood letters outside on a non-flammable surface.
- Lightly glide the Bernozmatic TS4000 torch over the letters, burning the surface until you achieve your desired look. This is called adding a patina effect.
- Let the letters cool before handling.
- Next, use a brush to apply a thick coat of white stain to each letter. Let the stain penetrate into the wood for 5 minutes.
- Use a clean cloth or paper towel to wipe excess stain off the surface.
- Let the letters dry for 1-2 hours.
- Display with a string of twinkle likes behind the letters and a row of balloons.
Winner Prediction Board
- Pallet wood board
- Glitter paper
- White card stock
- Glitter sticker letters
- Confetti stars
- Safety goggles
- Welding gloves
- Lay the board outdoors on a non-flammable surface.
- Lightly glide the Bernzomatictorch over the board, burning the surface until you achieve your desired look.
- Let the board cool before handling.
- Next, apply stickers to spell out "Vote for Best Picture"
- Then cut out movie theater style tickets and print the name of each movie up for best picture to fit inside the ticket. Attach the two pieces with glue. Just glue or adhesive dots to attach to the board.
- Use star confetti or cut out stars from glitter paper for your guests to use as voting chips. Have them attach with adhesive glue dots.
Metal Star Centerpiece
- Metal star cookie cutters
- Copper sheet
- Bernzomatic flux and brush
- Bernzomatic solder
- Copper color spray paint
- Safety goggles
- Safety gloves
- Cut the copper sheet or have the hardware store cut it for you to fit the size of the stars. This will be the base for the centerpiece.
- Decide how you want to design the stars before starting.
- Make sure you are working on a non-flammable surface and are wearing safety goggles and gloves.
- Lightly brush a coat of flux on the copper sheet where you are going to attach the first star. Lightly brush flux on the sides of the star that will be attached to the copper.
- Heat up the copper pieces and star at the same time with the Bernzomatic TS4000, and melt flux onto the copper board and attach the star.
- Repeat this process to attach each star.
- Let the piece cool before handling.
- Next paint with a copper-colored spray paint to give it a consistent look.
- Let the spray paint dry at least 1-2 hours before handling.
I hope you have a star-studded Oscars viewing party and enjoy these fun and creative ways to celebrate! Once you start creating with a torch, you may find yourself feeling inspired and coming up with dozens of other ways to use it. I know I did!
This is a sponsored post but please note that all opinions, project ideas, and photographs are my own.