Don't throw away your empty toilet paper rolls, save them to make a patriotic felt Eagle family. I am excited to be apart of the Michaels Maker team and share my first creation. You can catch the video on their facebook page and the step by step guide below!
Materials: You can find all materials at your local Michaels Store (except toilet/paper towel roll)
- If you are using a paper towel roll cut it in half. If you are using a toilet paper roll keep as is (unless you want to make a baby eagle).
- Cut a section of brown felt to cover 3/4 the length of the roll.
- Cut a section of white felt to cover the remaining 1/4 of the roll.
- Use hot glue or felt glue to attach the felt to the roll.
- Cut feet and a beak from the yellow foam sheet.
- Attach the beak and feet with glue.
- Glue googley eyes to the eagle face.
- Use patriotic ribbon to create accessories like a bow tie, hairbow, and hat! Get creative and use white feathers for the lady eagles and ruffly ribbon to create a skirt!
I love this craft for the whole family! Make it even faster by ordering your supplies on Michaels website and picking it up in the store. Place your order, you will receive an email notification when the order is ready (just a few hours) and then pick it up by the framing section. This service has been a lifesaver for a busy work mom like me!
PS - Catch me every Wednesday live at 1:00pm EST on Michaels Facebook Page giving you a sneak peak at the Make Break craft of the week. Make Break happens every Saturday from 1:00pm-3:00pm at your local store! No reservations needed, just show up and get crafty!
This post is sponsored by Michaels Stores as part of the Michaels Maker program! All opinions and project ideas are my own.