When it comes to St. Patrick's Day most of us think green outfits, gold coins, green confetti and yes, green beer. But not this year! Oh no, this year we are kicking it up to classy and crafting these delicious Whiskey Cucumber Smash cocktails for the big green day. The fresh tastes of the cucumber and mint pair perfectly to brighten up the rye whiskey for your new adult version of the green and gold cocktail for St. Patrick's Day!
- 1 tbsp cucumber
- 2-3 finely sliced fresh mint leaves
- juice of half a lime
- 1 1/2 oz Rye Whiskey (see link above)
- 2-3 Mint Simple Syrup Ice Cubes
For the Mint Simple Syrup Ice Cubes
1. Bring 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar to a boil.
2. Once boiling, remove from heat and add 8-10 fresh mint leaves.
3. Let cool completely then pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
For the cocktail
1. Chop cucumber chunks and slice the mint and place in your glass.
2. Smash slightly with the back of a spoon to release juices and aromas.
3. Add mint simple syrup ice cubes, whiskey, and lime juice.
4. Garnish with a lime and enjoy!
What's your favorite St. Patrick's Day cocktail? To check out more of my creative DIY's, crafts, recipes and travel and business tips visit my blog One Broads Journey or follow me at @onebroadsjourney