I love photo crafts and my daughter is following my footsteps with her love of photos. This week on the Crayola Facebook page I am sharing 2 photo crafts that the whole family can have fun making! You can catch the replay and step by step instructions below!
All the supplies from today's projects are can found at Crayola.com
Project 1: B&W Watercolor Photo
- Black & White Photo Printed on Cardstock or Printer Paper
- Crayola Bright Pop Cardstock
- Crayola Washable Liquid Glue
- Crayola Watercolor Palatte
- Crayola Glue Stick
- Crayola Glitter Glue
- Mini Canvas (Dollar Store)
- On your home printer print a black & white photo that will fit on the canvas. I snagged a small 5x7" canvas for a $1.25 at the Dollar Store.
- Cut around the people in the photo.
- Pick out a sheet of paper from the Bright Pop Cardstock. Use a pencil to trace the canvas on the back. Cut it out.
- Use the glue stick to the photo to the cardstock. Glue the cardstock to the canvas.
- Using the watercolor paint, paint areas of the photo to highlight them. Paint things like clothing or accessories.
- Have some fun decorating the rest of the canvas with glitter glue.
I love this cool technique!
Project 2: Family Photo Flower Garden
- Crayola Bright Pop Carstock Pad
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Crayola Washable Liquid glue
- Crayola Glue Stick
- Paper Straw
- Family Photos
- Cupcake Liners
- Terra Cotta Pot
- Cut out photos of each of your family members. Cut around their heads.
- Draw and cut out a flower out of Bright Pop Cards Stock. Trace that flower on a piece of construction paper. Make sure the flowers are big enough to fit the photos.
- Glue the two flowers together. Angle it so you can see the bottom one between the petals of the top one.
- Unfold a cupcake liner and glue it to the center of the flower so the colorful side of the liner faces out.
- Glue a family photo head in the center.
- Glue a paper straw to the back and let it dry.
- Do the same steps for each member of your family to create a family garden.
- Next take a terra cotta pop and put a piece of floral foam or styrofoam in it. Stuck the straws in to create your family garden!
Happy Crafting Kiddos!