Paper plate crafts are great for kids because they are typically simple and don't require many supplies. This week on my Crayola Facebook Live I am making a Paper Plate Spiral Melting Snowman Craft.
All the Crayola materials I am using today can be found on Crayola.com
- White Paper Plate
- Crayola Construction Paper
- 3 Red Pom Poms
- Googley Eyes
- Crayola Markers
- Crayola Washable Liquid Glue
- Crayola Washable Glue Stick
- Flip the paper plate face down. Use the pencil to start at the edge and draw a spiral toward the center. Once you get to the center round it out for the snowman's head.
- Use your scissor to cut along the line. Remember when you get to the center to cut toward the center and round out the snowman head.
- Cut out a snowman hat, stick arms, and a carrot nose.
- Glue the googley eyes in the center (where you ended cutting)
- Glue the carrot nose below the eyes.
- Draw the coal mouth.
- Glue the hat to the snowman's head.
- Glue 3 pom pom's in a vertical row. You want to put one on each spiral.
- Glue the stick arms to the middle spiral.
- Cut a piece of yarn. Loop it and tie it in a knot.
- Glue the knot to the back of the snowman's hat. Let it dry completely before playing with it.
Pull the string up to watch your snowman grow. Then let it go to watch it melt! Hang it up and let it swirl around!
My daughter and I had so much fun making this together!