Leprechauns are dancing and four leaf clovers are ready for picking! On my Crayola Facebook live broadcast today I am making 2 easy paper clover crafts to get your kiddos excited for St. Patrick's Day! Grab some construction paper, paper plates and the free template!
Replay of the Live Broadcast:
Find all the Crayola supplies from today's crafts on Crayola.com
Project 1: St. Patrick's Day Paper Plate Wreath
- Free Template (click, open, print or save to your computer)
- Crayola Markers
- Crayola Crayons
- Paper Plate
- Construction Paper
- Crayola Washable Liquid Glue or Glue Stick
- Download and print 1-2 copies of the shamrock template.
- Color patterns all the shamrocks in and then cut them out.
- Use one of the shamrocks to trace on green construction.
- Fold the paper plate in half and cut out the center. Leave enough of a border so the shamrocks cover it.
- Glue the shamrocks around the paper plate.
- Cut a small piece of yarn, tie it in a loop and glue the back of the paper plate.
I heard from a leprechaun that this project will bring some luck!
Project 2: Shamrock Crown
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Crayola Washable Liquid Glue and Glue Stick
- Paper Plate
- Hole Punch
- Something Circular to Trace (I used a roll of painter tape)
- Shamrock Template
- Fold the paper plate in half and cut out the center.
- Cut into the plate and cut out a section. Trim it to fit around your head. Parents might need to assist with this part.
- Use a hole punch to punch a hole at each end of the plate.
- Tie a piece of yard through the hole at each end of the plate. Make sure each side is long enough to tie around your head.
- Print the shamrock template and cut out at least one shamrock. Use that to trace on green construction paper. Cut enough shamrocks to cover the paper plate. Glue them all over the the paper plate.
- Use something round to trace a half circle. Pick your starting rainbow color. Cut out the half circle. Trace it on the next color for your rainbow. Cut it out. Fold it in half and cut around the edges to make it slightly smaller. Continue to repeat this until you complete your rainbow. Glue all layers to together.
- Cut out 2 clouds and glue to each end of the rainbow.
- Glue the rainbow to the crown.
How cute is my little Lily in her lucky shamrock crown!