Did you know that you can tie dye on non-fabric items! Today I am going to teach you how to tie dye terra cotta pots with Tulip Tie Dye and shaving cream! I love how these turned out!
- Tulip 1 step tie dye kit
- Tin disposable container
- Shaving cream
- Something to stir and move the tie dye around with (ex: plastic knife)
- Terra cotta pots
- White paint
1. Paint your terra cotta pot white and set aside. Mix your tie dye by adding water to the powder in the bottle and set aside, be sure to shake well. Choose 2-3 colors.
2. Shake up your shaving cream well & line the entire bottom of your container.
3. Take your plastic knife and mix in the shaving cream to ensure there are no empty pockets in the bottom of your container.
4. Put your gloves on and sprinkle 1 color in no particular pattern, followed by the next 2 colors.
5. Take your knife and swirl your colors. You can create patterns or keep it simple. If you need to add more dye, you can!
6. Now we are going to dip our first pot. Start at the top and set the terra cotta pot into the foam making sure that it's fully immersed. Roll it all the way through the marbling. You can roll multiple times if you'd like.
7. Now we are going to let the shaving cream and tie dye sit on the terra cotta pot for 2-3 hours. You can leave for up to 24 hours.
8. You can experiment with different size terra cotta pots and different tie dye patterns.
This post is sponsored by Tulip Dimensional Fabric Paint but all thoughts and opinions are my own!
xoxo - Lynn