Spring Mason Jar Decor
by Allison Cawley, Mar 31 2016
Now that we are officially in the middle of spring and you've got all that leftover Easter candy, there's a clever way to use those brightly colored sweets to your home decor advantage!
Grab a few mason jars and make your own candy boutique, displaying all the colorful treats with some added encouragement for guests to indulge.
Mason Jars (with Lids)
Scotch Tape -OR- Colorful Washi Tape
Green Cardstock or Tag
1. Cut out your Cardstock or Tag into the shape of a leaf. If you are using cardstock, use a hole puncher to make a hole in the top of the leaf. Write a sweet saying on the the leaf. We used: "Life is Sweet" "Indulge" and "Sweets for a sweet"
2. Thread a piece of ribbon through the hole and tie it to the rim of the mason jar lid frame. You won't actually need the flat lid, just the screwed on piece.
3. With the ribbon & leaf tied to the lid, screw it on the mason jar.
4. Tape washi tape or a piece of ribbon around the edge of the lid for decoration.
5. Fill with candy & decorate!
This idea works great for your foyer or kitchen, and can even be switched out throughout the seasons to match each holiday decor. Luckily for us, all those bright colored sweets will be able to carry you into the summer no problem.
If you don't intend for guests to eat the candy and for it to serve more of a display decor, I would recommend leaving the tags off and just adding a painted lid or colorful paper cut out to the top of each jar. Either way, you'll have bright spring mason jar decor that repurposes that old candy and makes your home look inviting and fun!
For more great creative ideas, check out PeachfullyChic.com. In the mean time, stay creative and keep decorating!