Spring is here and I am prepping our house for outdoor parties and celebrations. I have been wanting a mason jar chandelier for a long time but I do not have have the patience for wiring and all the mess. I created a simple version of a mason jar chandelier that I am just as happy with! Check out how easy this project is!
- 4 mason jars
- 4 Tea candles
- 4 Wide mouth frog lid inserts
- 1/4 inch thick twisted rope
- S Hook
- Cut two 3 foot pieces of rope.
- Lay both pieces of rope side by side and fold in half creating a 3 inch loop at the bottom.
- Use the twine to tie a knot around the rope to secure the loop. Wrap the twine around the knot until it is about 1 inch thick and tie off the end.
- Cut 5 inches off one rope end, 3 inches off another end and 2 inches off another end.
- Insert the frog lid inserts into the lid of the mason jar.
- Loop the rope through the grates and tie off the loop like you did for the main loop. Repeat for the other three.
- Fill each mason jar with about 2 inches of sand and insert a tea candle (don't use any larger of a candle).
- Screw the jars onto the lids and get ready to display!
TADA!! You now have your very own mason jar chandelier!