Spring is finally here(lets hope)! Every year I spend the first few weeks of Spring upcycling old pieces of furniture and decor to welcome the outdoor weather. This year I am working on sprucing up my outdoor spaces to prepare for outdoor parties. This project is one of my favorites to date. I took an old brass chandelier and turned it into a colorful outdoor chandelier and planter.
- Old Chandelier
- Krylon Color Max Indoor/Outdoor Paint & Primer
- Super Glue
- Terra Cotta Pots & Dishes
- Using the pliers and scissors remove the wiring and lights from the chandelier. It is ok to cut the wires.
- Wipe down the chandelier with a wet cloth to remove all dust and dirt.
- Cover a large surface outdoors with a drop cloth or plastic. Lay your chandelier, terra cotta pots and dishes on the covering.
- Spray paint the chandelier, pots and dishes by spraying swipes of spray paint about 12 inches from each item. Let the items dry for 15 minutes and then flip the over and spray with swipes about 12 inches away. Continue to coat the items until they have an even coat.
- Once the chandelier, pots and dishes are fully painted let them dry for 30 minutes.
- Next use your super glue to attached the dishes to each lamp holder and let them dry for 30 minutes
- Fill the terra cotta pots with your favorite garden flowers.
- Place the terra cotta pots on the dishes and hang you lantern.
Tip: If you are hanging the chandelier in a windy area attached furniture pads to the bottom of the terra cotta pots and glue those to the terra cotta dishes. The thickness of the pad will leave room for the water to drain.
I’m so disappointed. I do want to see a closeup but I also want to see it from 2-3 feet away!