Mother's Day is right around the corner and if you are like me you are scrambling for a few last minute gift ideas. My mom absolutely lovely loves a homemade gift that is useful. This Mother's Day I am making my mom a homemade scented reed diffuser. Reed diffusers can run upwards of $50 at a store and I am not always a fan of the standard scents. You can make one at home for under $10!
- Glass jar with a narrow opening (look around your home for old jars/bottles or purchase one like above for $1.50-$4.00 at your local craft store)
- Bambo Sticks/Skewers (available at the grocery store)
- Essential Oil
- In a glass bowl mix 1 tablespoon of vodka, 3/4 cup of water and 15-20 drops of essential oils in a bowl.
- Place your funnel in the opening of the jar.
- Pour the mixture into the jar.
- Place 4-6 bambo sticks in the jar. Let them soak for 20 minutes and then remove and flip to start scenting your home!
Happy Mother's Day!