Handmade gifts are the trend for holiday gift giving this year and I am all about creating one of a kind gifts for my friends and family this year. I am excited to continue my partnership with Aleene's to share more handmade gifts that you can easily make at home.
A few weeks ago I tried Aleene's Tack It Over & Over and Aleene's Stick & Re-Stick for the first time. If you missed my Fall Glitter Tumbler Tutorial you can check it out HERE. Both products are a go-to for creating glitter crafts. Today I am sharing a metal glitter sign tutorial and a glitter tumbler using both of these magic projects!
Project 1: Metal Glitter Sign
- Aleene's Stick & Re-Stick
- Aleene's Tacky Glue
- Galvanized Metal Tray or Flat Sign
- Adhesive Holiday Stencils
- Fine Glitter
- Trim and Glitter
- Craft Stick and Cup for Mixing
- Paint Brush
- Mix equal parts of Aleene's Stick & Re-Stick with Water. Mix thoroughly with the craft stick.
- Apply the stencils to the tray.
- Paint the mixture over the stencil.
- Sprinkle the glitter over the stencil.
- Pull up the stencils to reveal the perfect design left in glitter.
- Shake off excess glitter.
- Use the Aleene's Tacky Glue to apple the pom pom trim and sequins to the top and bottom edge.
- Cut small pieces of ribbon and glue it below the stencil.
- Cut and glue a piece of ribbon to the back of the tray to create a hanger.
TADA! The perfect sparkly gift for someone special!
Project 2: Holiday Glitter Tumbler
- Aleene's Tack It Over & Over
- Spray Paint Primer
- Fine Glitter
- Tumbler Spinner
- Mask (for applying epoxy)
- Adhesive Sticker (optional)
- Cups and Popsicle Sticks for Mixing
- Fine Brush
- Outdoors or in a well ventilated room spray paint the tumbler. Make sure to tape the inside and top of the tumbler to avoid anything getting in the cup. Let it completely dry.
- Place the tumbler on the spinner.
- Mix a 1:1 ratio of Aleene's Tack It Over & Over and Water. Throughly mix with a popsicle stick.
- Turn on the tumbler spinner.
- Paint the mixture all over the tumbler and let it dry. Once it dries it will be tacky.
- Sprinkle an even coat of glitter all over the tumbler.
- Next, use your fingers to rub off the top layer of glitter. The glitter will be pushed flat into the cup leaving you with a smooth glittery surface.
- Next mix epoxy according to the package. Follow safety instructions and wear a mask.
- Keep the tumbler spinner, spinning and pour on an even coat of epoxy. It will self level. Make sure you covered the entire tumbler including the bottom.
- If you notice bubbles and the epoxy looks a little uneven glide a heat source like an open flame or heat gun a few inches from the tumbler while it spins for a few seconds at a time.
- Let the tumbler spin for 6-8 hours and then cure overnight until the epoxy is completely hard.
- If you plan to apply a vinyl decal do so once the epoxy is cured. If you are using permanent vinyl you do not need to apply a top coat of epoxy. If you are using removable vinyl you will need to apply another layer of epoxy and let it spin for another 8 hours until cured.
TADA!! Another sparkly handmade gift ready for someone special!
Stay tuned I have so many more holiday projects coming your way with Aleene's Adhesives!
This post is sponsored by Aleene's but all thoughts and opinions are my own!
If you loved the project feel free to pin-it!