Fall is the perfect excuse for anything pumpkin spice and of course crafting! Tumblers are all the rage this season and I definitely made my fair share but this was the first tumbler I made using the Tack It method with Aleene's Tack It Over & Over. My tumbler is fall themed but you can do this with any color glitter for any occasion.
- Aleene's Tack It Over & Over
- Fine Glitter
- Spray Paint/Primer
- Tumbler Spinner
- Craft Sticks
- Fine Bristle Paint Brush
- Mask (for epoxy use)
- Adhesive Vinyl Cut Out
- In a well ventilated room or outdoors (wearing a mask) spray paint the tumbler. Be sure to tape the inside of the tumbler to avoid paint getting inside the cup. Let it completely dry.
- Next mix a ratio of 1:1 Aleene's Tack It Over & Over and water in a cup.
- Place the tumbler on the tumbler spinner and brush on a coat of Aleene's Tack It Over & Over. Let it dry. It will be tacky once it is dry.
- Next turn the tumbler spinner on and evenly sprinkle on the glitter.
- Once the glitter is covering the entire cup use your fingers to rub it off the excess glitter. The glitter will be flattened into the adhesive to leave you with a smooth flat surface. This is the magic of the Tack It method.
- Next make sure to put on a mask and gloves and mix your epoxy according to the package instructions. Read the instructions carefully and follow them exactly.
- While the tumbler is spinning slowly pour and spread the epoxy on the tumbler. You can use your gloved finger to smooth the epoxy. It will self level but make sure you have covered the entire tumbler and the bottom.
- Let the tumbler spin for 8-12 hours to cure the epoxy.
- Once the epoxy is cured apply the vinyl decal.
- Finish the tumbler with one final coat of epoxy. Let the tumbler spin until the epoxy is completely cured.
Stay tuned I have so many more holiday projects coming your way with Aleene's Adhesives!