I am going to guess that your kids have a stack of construction paper at home for crafting and school activities. This week I am sharing 3 crafts that your kiddos can make with construction paper on the Crayola Facebook Page! Make sure to tune in every Tuesday at 1:00pm EST for 3 new crafts!
Shop all the supplies I am using for today's projects at Crayola.com
Project 1: 3D Lady Bugs
- Crayola Red and Black Construction Paper
- Googley Eyes
- Crayola Glue
- Cut three circles out of the red construction paper.
- Fold each circle in half.
- Cut two black strips of paper about 1/4" wide to fit the length of the circle.
- Cut out small circles for the lady bug spots out of black construction paper.
- Cut a round head with antennas out of the black construction paper.
- Glue all three circles together by attaching the halves. It should look like a 3D half circle.
- On the top circle add the strips to create the wings. Glue on the spots.
- Glue on the head and add the googley eyes.
Have fun playing with these critters or displaying them on your desk!
Project 2: Wiggley Message Fish
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Crayola Glue
- Cut a square out of a sheet of construction paper.
- Fold corner to corner to form a triangle.
- Unfold. Hold the square like a diamond. Fold the corners to the center fold and crease.
- Unfold. Fold at the original crease back into a triangle.
- Starting about 3 inches from the on the folded side cut slits about 1/2" apart. Do not cut all the way through.
- Continue to cut slits until you get about 5 inches from the end.
- Unfold and glue into a 3D triangle.
- Trim the point of the large open end to a rounded edge.
- Glue googley eyes on each side of the large opening.
- On a seperate color of construction paper cut out fins and a tale. For the fins use a heart shape. For the tale cut two tear shapes.
- Glue the fins to the side of the gill slits.
- Glue the two tear drops to the end point to create the tail.
- Using a red or pink piece of construction paper cut an oval that fits inside the fish mouth. Fold in half.
- Write a message in the bottom half of the fold.
- Glue the bottom of the fold to the inside of the mouth.
Have some wiggley fun with your new fish and surprise your friends with a fun message inside it's mouth.
Project 3: Construction Paper Crinkle Art
- Scrap Crayola Construction Paper
- 1 Sheet of White Construction Paper
- Crayola Glue
- Decided what picture you want to make. You can create a rainbow, a fish, a sunshine or a nature scene.
- Crumble up the scrap construction paper and cut into pieces.
- Layout the colors of crumbled paper in the design you want to create.
- Glue the pieces to the paper to create your design.
I love this project because it is a great use of your scrap paper!
Tune in to Crayola's Facebook Page every Tuesday at 1:00pm EST to catch me sharing three crafts you can make at home!