Peach cobbler is a fantastic dessert to enjoy any time of year. There are tons of recipes online that I find confusing and complicated. Whether it's old fashion peach cobbler, Mama's peach cobbler or hometown peach cobbler, they all come out with the same consistency. Why do we need so many ingredients to make the same thing? I need easy-to-find ingredients, a fast prep and to pop it in the oven quickly so I can move on to other things. Coincidentally, I discovered a 3-ingredient peach cobbler recipe that I can make in a jiffy.
I discovered this recipe while camping one Fall weekend in North Georgia. One of the girls brought canned peaches, Sprite, yellow cake mix and butter. She piled it all in a huge dutch oven and 1 hour later, voila! Campfire peach cobbler has emerged! Four ingredients is very simple but the level of sweetness was overwhelming to me. I tweaked the recipe and came up with a 3-ingredient peach cobbler. I'm down to a smaller portion for me and my family instead of a team size peach cobbler. Of course, vanilla ice cream adds the finishing touch.
3-Ingredient Peach Cobbler
(Make 4-5 servings)
1 box of yellow cake mix
3 cans of peaches in syrup (15.25 oz each)
half stick of butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a seasoned cast iron pan, fill with 2 cans of peaches in syrup. Spread the peaches and syrup evenly in the pan. You can use a casserole dish if you like.
3. Add yellow cake mix over the peaches and syrup.
4. Cut butter in slices and tuck it in the yellow cake mix.
5. Pour the final can of peaches and syrup over the cake mix. No need for stirring.
6. Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
7. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy.
When the peach cobbler is done, you get a crispy surface of cobbler and a warm glaze of soft peaches underneath. The consistency is perfect. Enjoy this peach cobbler with family and friends.