It's a monster bash! Let's get ready for a crafty Halloween with 3 kids crafts. These are fun for the whole family. This week on my Crayola Facebook Broadcast I am demonstrating how to make a honeycomb pumpkin, a crayon melt Frankenstein and monster painted rocks.
All the Crayola products I used in today's crafts can be found at crayola.com
Project 1: Pumpkin Honeycomb
This is such a fun project to not only create a pumpkin but party decorations. This is a good one for the older kids or even adults! You can take this same technique and apply it to other shapes.
- 10 Sheets Orange Crayola Construction Paper
- Crayola Washable Liquid Glue
- Crayola Construction Paper in Brown, Green, White
- 5"-6" Circular Item to Trace
- 2 Different color markers.
- Cut 20 circles out of orange construction paper. Cut a stem from the brown construction paper and a leaf from the green. Cut pumpkin eyes and a mouth from the black construction paper.
- Fold each circle in half.
- Open up a circle, and trace it on a scrap sheet of paper. Make marks around the traced circle like a clock. The marks should be at 12, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 o'clock.
- Take the same marker and number 12, 1, 2, 4, 5. Take a second color and write 3.
- Place the circle down over the traced circle you created.
- Place a dot of glue at 3 and fold shut.
- On the folded circle place a dot of glue at 1,2,4,5.
- Fold a second circle and place on top. Open the circle, place dot of glue at 3 and fold closed.
- Continue this pattern until all the circles are glued into a pile. Let the glue completely dry.
- Once the glue is dry, unfold to reveal the honeycomb. Glue the ends together.
- Glue the stem and leaf to the top and eyes and mouth to the front of the pumpkin.
If you want to hang your pumpkin you can glue string to the top of the pumpkin.
Project 2: Frankenstein Crayon Melt
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Crayola Crayons
- Crayola Crayon Sharpener
- Crayola Washable Glue
- Wax Paper
- Iron or Blow Dryer
- Frankenstein Template
- Googley Eyes
- Black Crayola Take Note Permanent Marker
- Use the crayon sharpened to sharpen shades of green crayons.
- Download, print and cut the Frankenstein template.
- Glue the hair, face and bolts together.
- Pour the crayon shavings on the wax paper. You will need an enough to cover the opening of the Frankenstein face.
- Fold the wax paper over the shavings to make sandwich.
- Use a blowdryer or iron to melt the crayons
- Cut the wax paper to fit the opening. Glue to the back.
- Draw mouth on the wax paper.
- Glue on googley eyes.
It's a monster mash!
Project 3: Monster Painted Rocks
- Smooth Rocks
- Crayola Acrylic Paint
- Crayola Metallic Markers
- Crayola Glitter Glue
- Crayola Take Note Permanent Markers
Paint the rocks with acrylic paint. Once the paint is dry draw on faces and decorate with metallic markers and glitter glue.
Have a safe and happy Halloween!