I am always looking for crafts and activities to keep Lily entertained at home, and my first stop is always the kid's section at Michaels Stores! Halloween is the perfect time to let them craft and have fun! I stocked up on craft pumpkins and staple supplies like pom poms, foam sheets, paint, glitter, and pipe cleaners. This year, I decided Halloween was going to be a little sweeter at our house with a Spooky Sweet Shop! Happy crafting with your kiddos this Halloween!
- Craft Pumpkins
- Variety of Craft Foam
- White Tulip Puffy Paint
- Crayola Washable Glue
- Pom Poms
- Craftsmart Pink Acrylic Paint
- Pink Glitter
- Pipe Cleaners
- Pinking Shears
- Pink Felt
Shop all the supplies in the Michaels Stores Kids Section!
Directions for the Macaron Pumpkin:
- Paint the entire craft pumpkin with the pink acrylic paint.
- While the paint is still wet sprinkle it with pink glitter.
- Cut strips of felt 2" wide and long enough to wrap around the pumpkin. Use the Crayola Washable Glue to glue them around the center of the pumpkin.
- Cover the entire center section of felt with white Tulip Puffy Paint. You want it to look like frosting.
- Sprinkle pink glitter over the puffy paint while it is still wet.
- Let it dry completely before displaying.
Directions for the Cupcake Pumpkin:
- Use a pencil to draw frosting lines around the top of the pumpkin. Paint the frosting with the pink acrylic paint.
- While the paint is wet sprinkle with pink glitter.
- Outline the frosting with a thin line of the white puffy paint.
- Cut a curved wrapper to fit around the pumpkin our of craft foam. You will probably need two pieces to fit all the way around. Glue both pieces together.
- If you have pinking shears use them on the top edge of the wrapper.
- Cut stripes to decorate the wrapper. Adhere to the wrapper.
- Glue a pipe cleaner around the bottom of the wrapper.
- Glue the wrapper around the pumpkin.
- Cut small sprinkles out of a variety of craft foam colors and glue to the frosting. Glue some tiny pom poms on the frosting.
- Create a cherry with a pom pom and green pipe cleaner for the stem. Glue to the top of the pumpkin.
It's time create your very own sweet and spooky bake shop! My daughter loved these pumpkins and creating this sweet and spooky set up!
This post is sponsored by Michaels Stores but all thoughts and opinions are my own.