This year more than ever the holidays call for thoughtful handmade gifts and my go-to tool is the Cricut Joy! I am a long time user of Cricut and the Joy was the most recent machine I added to my collection. I love that is small, easily portable between my studio and home and great for quick projects like the one I am sharing today.
With the distance this year many of us will not be celebrating like we normally do but that doesn't mean we can't make our friends and family feel special. My daughter loves to be in the kitchen so this year I thought we would make cookies and create fun personalized packages to do porch drops. We made an extra special one for Lily's grandparents. I found this really cute truck that can double as decor or a planter but you can use an cookie truck and quickly add personalization to it with the Cricut Joy.
Watch the full video tutorial for step by step instructions and then enjoy a shopable supply list below.
- Cricut Joy
- Cricut Smart Writeable Vinyl
- Cricut Smart Vinyl in Shimmer Red
- Cricut Smart Vinyl in Gold
- Cricut Joy Gel Sparkle Pens
- Cricut Joy Standard Cutting Mat
- Cricut Joy Transfer Tape
- Cricut Tools
- Christmas Truck or Cookie Tin
- Trim and Ribbon
- Mini ornaments Filled with Sprinkles
- Cookies and Treat Bags
- Personalize My Cricut Design Space Project
- If you want to use some or all of the designs I put together open up Cricut Design Space and and view my project page. I left the projects un-attached so you can customize the text. Once you customize the text make sure to attach the pieces together.
- Remember when you are ready to cut and write follow all the promps in design space. It will prompt you to load the blades and pens. Remember to select no mat for all the smart vinyl projects and use a mat for the cardstock gift tags.
- Once all the pieces are cut use the transfer tape to apply the the vinyl gingerbread men to the white vinyl label with the message. Remove the backing of the label and apply to the back of the truck or on your cookie tin. Add a little flair to the top and bottom with glue.
- Use transfer tape to apply the gingerbread stamp to the side of the truck.
- Package your cookies, tie the gift tags and the small ornaments to the bags.
- Fill the back of the truck with the cookies to deliver!
If you want to learn more about Cricut Joy check out the video and post I created when it came out earlier this year! I shared all the capabilities and why I love it so much!
The Cricut Joy is the perfect tool for all your holiday handmade gifts! It also makes a great gift for you or your crafty friend!
This post is sponsored by Cricut but all thoughts, opinions and ideas are my own.