This post is sponsored by Barilla but all recipes and opinions are my own.
Summer is winding down and the rush of Fall and back to school are upon us. Year round I am always working on quick and easy meals that are clean, healthy and delicious! My husband and I are busier than ever with work and preparing for the arrival of our Baby Girl so finding quick and easy meals has never been more important. I have teamed with Barilla to share one of my favorite weeknight meals that can be made in 30 minutes. I love Barilla Blue Box Pasta and Barilla Tomato Basil Sauce because of it so easy to create quick and delicious meals that the whole family will love! The best part is that you can get all the ingredients with a one stop shop at your local Walmart.
Grilled Chicken & Vegetable Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Barilla Blue Box Pasta
- Barilla Tomato & Basil Sauce
- Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Green & Red Bell Peppers
- Yellow Onion
- Sliced Portabella Mushrooms
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Garlic Powder
- Virgin Olive Oil
- Tin Foil
- Heat grill to medium for 10 minutes.
- While grill is heating, clean and cut onions and bell peppers into large pieces. Wash mushrooms and slice.
- Lightly brush vegetables with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Prepare boneless chicken breasts by brushing and seasoning both sides with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Wrap vegetables in a tinfoil pouch.
- Fill a large pot with water. Add a few drops of olive oil to the water. Place on stove top and bring to a boil.
- Place tinfoil vegetable pouches and chicken on the grill and close lid.
- Flip chicken every 5-7 minutes and cook until center is no longer pink (about 15-20 minutes depending on size of breasts). Cook vegetables until they are slightly charred.
- Once water is boiling add a box of Barilla Blue Box Penne and cook for 7-8 minutes until al dente.
- In a small saucepan heat Barilla Tomato Basil Sauce on low until warmed.
- Once pasta is ready, drain and toss with the sauce.
- Serve as a deconstructed pasta alongside the grilled chicken and vegetables. Garnish with fresh basil.
My husband and I absolutely loved this simple dish! He is already asking for a re-make! For more great simple recipe inspiration make sure to visit: Barilla.com and to purchase delicious Barilla products visit your local Walmart Market or Supercenter.
A few more reasons why I love Barilla:
Barilla starts with the highest quality ingredients like vine-ripened tomatoes, aromatic herbs, and extra virgin olive oil and simmer them together to develop a hearty and delectable sauce. The Tomato & Basil sauce is gluten free and contains no preservatives so you can feel good serving it to your friends and family.
The large diameter and ridges of Penne make it ideal for retaining sauces on the entire surface, inside and out! Try Penne with chunkier meat or vegetable-based sauces, refined dairy-based sauces, like a mushroom cream sauce, tomato sauces, or spicy sauces. Penne is also delicious in baked casserole dishes, known as “pasta al forno."
Barilla has partnered with The No Kid Hungry organization, a national non-profit organization that focuses on connecting kids in need with nutritious food and teaches their families how to cook healthy, affordable meals. The campaign also engages the public to make ending child hunger a national priority.
Additional information on the No Kid Hungry Organization can be found here: https://www.nokidhungry.org/about-us