This post is sponsored by Brother Crafts but all opinions and thoughts are my own!
I love giving gifts that are handmade and have a special personalized touch. I have been using my new Brother ScanNCut DX for a few weeks and I love all the capabilities. This week I made a 3D Christmas Tree Card for my Mom using a template from the Brother's CanvasWorkspace. Did you miss my first three projects? Make sure to check out the Snowman Favor Box, Fa la la la Llama Stocking and the Paper Ginger Bread Ornament.
For this project, you will need a standard or light grip mat, cardstock in green, glitter gold, red, yellow and blue. And for an optional personalized touch, you can use the Brother P-touch Embellish to print a personalized satin ribbon.
- Download the 3D Christmas Card template from CanvasWorkspace directly to the ScanNCut.
- Retrieve the design on the machine.
- Next cut pieces of the colored cardstock and place on the mat. Cut the pieces large enough for the areas you want to cut.
- Feed the mat into the machine and scan.
- Once it is scanned you will see the colored pieces of paper on the screen. Use the stylus to move the design pieces of the colors you want them cut into.
- When ready select cut. You can keep your setting on auto.
- Use a paper glue to assemble the pieces. See the step by step photos below.
- For an extra personalized touch, I used my Brother P-touch Embellish to print a message for my Mom on a red satin ribbon. I glued the ribbon around the base of the tree.
This was such a fun project and it only took about 20 minutes! Stay tuned for more easy projects as I explore all the capabilities of the Brother ScanNCut DX!