As a mom I love to make gifts that I want to get. Basically I like making my own gifts. My absolute favorite gifts are photo gifts. This week on my weekly Michaels Facebook broadcast I shared different gift ideas for Mother's Day and this one was my favorite. Watch the replay below and pick up everything you need at Michaels to create your own personalized shadow box for Mom!
- 8” x 8” Shadow Box
- Loops and Threads Colorful Geometric Craft Fabric
- Soda Pop Cardstock
- Crayola Markers
- Hot Glue Gun or Paper Glue
- 2-4 Photos
- Remove the back from the shadow box and cut a piece of the fabric to the same size as the back of the shadow box.
- Use the hot glue to glue the fabric to the back.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock into a flag shape. Write a message to mom!
- Cut around the silhouette of the photos and arrange on the back of the frame with the cardstock message.
- Glue the photos and the message into place.
- Next take a sheet of colored cardstock. Start by cutting a circle but instead of completing the circle cut in to create a spiral and keep cutting in a spiral until you get to the center. Once in the center leave a tab.
- Cut the end of the spiral from the paper.
- Start rolling at the end of the spiral until you get to the center. Apply glue to the tab and stick to the bottom. Hold in place until the glue is dry. Make a second flower.
- Glue the flowers to the back of the frame.
- Place the back into the frame and secure shut.
TADA! How fun is this special gift for mom! There tons of fabric options at Michaels to customize the gift to moms style!
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!