Today we are going to turn a paper plate into a puppet play house that is more fun than spooky!
Project: 3D Paper Plate Haunted House
Difficulty: Advanced (help might be required from an adult)
Materials from Kit:
- Silly Scents Paint
- Gel Markers
- Construction Paper
- Paper Plate
- Paint Brush
- Glue Stick
- Popsicle Stick
CLICK HERE to watch Video on Youtube with captions.
- Paint the paper plate orange and let it dry. You can speed up the drying with a blow dryer and help from an adult.
- Once the plate is dry place it on top of a black piece of construction paper. Use a gel marker to draw a house around the plate. Cut it out.
- Draw and cut out a roof on a purple piece of construction paper. Glue to the black house.
- Use a gel marker to draw a door and two windows. Cut out the door and windows. You might need the help of an adult to cut out the windows.
- Cut a rectangle out of orange paper. This will be the chimney. Glue to the back of the roof.
- Decorate the front of the house. You can add a window and draw spider webs with the gel markers.
- You can even add bushes and grass to the front of the house.
- Lay the house over the paper plate. Use a pencil to draw lines on the plate where the openings of the door and windows are.
- Remove the house. Fold the paper plate in half on the lines you drew and use a scissor to cut slits in the plate. You will need an adult to help with this step.
- Glue the house to the paper plate and set aside to dry.
- White the plate is drying let's make puppets. Draw a ghost on a white piece of paper. Cut it out.
- Glue the ghost to a popsicle stick.
- Have fun creating other puppets like a pumpkin, witch, monster or a bat for your haunted puppet house.
Create a fun haunted story and enact the story for your family with your new puppet show!
I can't wait to see your Halloween Houses! Parents, if you are apart of the facebook group please share your child's project so I can see their creativity!