Today we are going to get artsy and messy! It's time for a monster art party! We are going to learn 4 different ways to create paint patterns.
Project: Splatter Paint Monster Art
Materials form Kit:
- Creativity Canvas
- Silly Scents Paint
- Construction Paper
- Monster Template (click to open, save to computer and print)
- Paint Brushes
- Paper Towel
- Paper Plate
This project can get messy so make sure you cover your area. The paint is washable and can be cleaned up with soap and water and will come out of clothes.
CLICK HERE to watch on YouTube with captions.
- Download and print the monster template. Cut the template out.
- Trace the monster onto a piece of construction paper and cut out.
- Roll pieces of clear tape and stick to the back of the monster. Stick the monster onto the center for the creativity canvas.
- Pour each one of the paint colors on a paper plate.
- Fold up a paper towel. Dip the paper towel into one paint color and dab on the canvas. Repeat this multiple times. Make sure you are covering the canvas, monster and the edges of the construction paper monster. Open the paper towel and refold dip and dab a new color on the canvas. The paper towel method gives you a fun texture.
- Next dip a paint brush in a color of your choice and press the brush on to the canvas.
- Now use the end of the paint brush. Dip it in a color of paint and use it to stamp dots around the canvas.
- Next dip a brush into a color of paint. Make sure to get a lot of paint on the brush. Use your finger to flick the paint from the brush on to the canvas.
- Repeat steps 5-8 changing colors until the canvas and monster are covered with paint.
- Let the canvas dry.
- Once the canvas is dry carefully pull the construction paper monster off the canvas. Keep the monster intact because you can create a bonus project with it! You will reveal the outline of the monster.
- Draw eyes and a mouth in the white space on the canvas.
- Take the monster you pulled off and stick it to a black piece of construction paper. Decorate the paper with the gel markers!
Surprise instead of one project you got two!
I can't wait to see your splatter paint monsters! Parents, if you are apart of the facebook group please share your child's project so I can see their creativity!